Bald is Beautiful

Hi my name is Spencer.  I’m shaving for St. Baldrick’s again because my sister Tuesday died from Neuroblastoma on January 30th, 2009.  This is my second year and I want to do it for at least 7 years so I can get on the Knights of the Bald Table.  I’m shaving my head for St. Baldrick’s because it raises the most money for childhood cancer.  Please look at the St. Baldrick’s website.  You can join Team Tuesday too.  It doesn’t matter where you live.  I hope you will support me in finding a cure for childhood cancer.  Thank you.

I know.  Super sweet, huh?  Yes.  It kills me.  Go here to see the beautiful photos from last years’ event.  And then search for a St. Baldricks event in your area and sign up!  Or sign your kid up.  Or your husband.  Or your wife.  Or your neighbor.  Or your boss.  You may or may not want to ask their permission first.

Give big.  This will get us closer to finding a cure for her, and her, and him, and him, and the almost 13,000 kids that will be diagnosed with cancer this year.  And for the 1 in 5 that will die.  And all of them that will suffer life long side effects from treatment.  It takes all of us.  Not just those of us that have watched our children suffer and die.  It takes you.  It doesn’t only happen to other people’s kids.  Trust me.

24 Responses to Bald is Beautiful

1. Marne says:

Awesome!
    I just asked, and Finn is in again!! Go Spencer and Team Tuesday!

2. Terri O'Laughlin says:

LOVE this picture! Go Team Tuesday!

3. Cousin Amy says:

Spencer you and your family are an inspiration!!!!!! Just made my donation….go Spencer go!

4. Jenn H says:

You’re such an amazing and inspiring young man Spencer!!

5. LP says:

Prosurfers are in again this year too! Spencer, I didn’t know that if you shaved for 7 years you got to the Knights of the Bald Table. WOW! Wouldn’t it be awesome if in 7 years no one would NEED to shave anymore? GO TEAM TUESDAY!!! Love you guys!

6. Kimberly says:

Your family is good for my soul. For some reason, I had never clicked on the picture of you and Tuesday and tonight I did. Beautiful! It brought me to a flood of tears for you, for me, for all of us who have lost a child.
    Go Spencer!!!!! How inspiring to see his heart!!

7. Grammy says:

Spencer,

Poppy & I are so proud of you and your class mates! You all inspire us!!

8. ChiTown Girl says:

My son has participated for the past 3 years, and will definitely be doing it again this year. You must be so proud of your son. :)

9. Samantha says:

You can count on my support. Anything for Spencer and sweet Tuesday. Haven’t been online much these past couple of months but there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you and Tuesday. I look forward to seeing spencers beautiful bald head!

10. Alisha says:

I will spread the word, and donate!!!! Love you guys! And Spencer, you rock!

One day, I would love to volunteer my head of hair for this. :)

11. debi9kids says:

Awesome Spence!
    I was just talking to the boys last night about this and we’ll be joining you again in rasing money for St Baldricks! Yeah!
    Go Team Tuesday!

ps I think this might be one of my favorite pictures EVER!

12. Jenny says:

Ok – I’m totally signing my husband up. He did it last year (he’s a teacher, and the students sponsored him) with an event in the school, and I know he’d do it again! Do we have to come to the event?

13. Brandi says:

Spencer is much braver than I. I think about shaving my own head, and then I chicken out. I applaud Spencer and everyone else who is brave enough to be bald for a short time! Hugs!

14. colleen says:

what an amazing boy….it’s so incredible to see a young boy that will do whatever he can to help….i think he is awesome :)

15. Lynn Worley says:

What comforting verses! Praying!
    Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
    Prayer Bears

16. Dawn B says:

Just found the location near our house. Arvada West HS on 3/4/11. Planning on having Bobby & Braeden both go that day.

17. Lynn Worley says:

Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 23:4-6 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
    Prayer Bears

18. Tonya Staab says:

Donated. Love you Jess. Spencer, you rock.

19. Lynn Worley says:

We have such amazing eyewitness testimony of Jesus and just a fraction of what He did while He was visibly present here on earth. Look only to Him! Praying!
    1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
    Prayer Bears

20. colleen says:

thinking of your family and the beautiful miss tuesday today….

peace.

21. Tamara says:

Spencer…you are such a sweet kind hearted big brother. God Bless you! I will for sure donate and try to spread the word to get others to donate to Team Tuesday and get involved with St. Baldrick’s. If I am this proud of you, I can’t even imagine the pride that fills your Mama’s heart. <3

22. Pingback: Make A Difference Monday « Stand Tall Through Everything

23. Pingback: 12 Years and Fighting | Warrior Eli Hoax Group: Finding the Fakers One at a Time

24. 33Jewell says:

I must say it was hard to find your page in search results.
    You write great posts but you should rank your page higher in search engines.
    If you don’t know 2017 seo techniues search on youtube: how
    to rank a website Marcel’s way