Put a CAP on kids cancer

Calling all schools!

Friday, September 24, 2010.

Help us Put a Cap on kids cancer.

This is how it works:

1.  Bring a dollar and a hat to school.

2.  Donate your dollar (or more!)

3.  Wear your hat in school all day to show that you are fighting back against kids cancer.

See how easy it is to make a difference?

Leave a comment if you would like to add your school to the challenge.  You will need the permission of your principal, a teacher or two the morning of the event and a hand full of parents and kids to collect donations.

Kids helping kids.  Help them be the change!

www.whatchagonnado.org

17 Responses to Put a CAP on kids cancer

1. debi9kids says:

Jess,
    I will send the kids in to school on Tuesday (monday is a holiday) with request letters from me.
    I love this idea. Loved it last year and I’m glad my kids can possibly do it this year now that they are in school.

2. Wintry says:

Tumbleweeds Playschool is in! Not many kids, but we’ll proudly wear our caps! I will also pass this on to ALL of my teacher friends! Portland will represent!

3. Grammy says:

So proud of you, Jess for your vision and passion!

How can we do a Grammies against pediatric cancer hat, event, rally,
    walk . . . ?

Keep on, keeping on!!

4. Awesome idea! Our kids have this at school when their school was raising money for Pennies for Patients. Another big fund raiser was selling a bunch of suckers (tootsie pops, I think) bundled together. Kids bought tons of those and again, proceeds went to Pennies for Patients. At Albert’s school (his students wear uniforms) kids could pay a dollar or more to wear regular clothes on a Friday. That raised lots too.
    Good luck! Hope it’s a big success!

5. Lynn Worley says:

What a great thing to do! Hope it’s a huge success!
    Know that I’m praying!
    Psalms 27:13-14: I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
    Prayer Bears

6. Molly says:

Darby & Nick were very excited to ask their school/classmates to be part of this. I have emailed both principals at NE & Mt View for permission. I will keep you updated! I have also asked my sister (who is a teacher) and a friend (who is a teacher) to see if their schools can participate.
    What a great idea Jess. I love you for taking your heartache and turning it into something so valuable for other children and families that are suffering. What an amazing heart you have!!

7. Lynn Worley says:

Know that you’re always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 27:7-9 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
    Prayer Bears

8. Brandi says:

The Best homeschoolers are DEFINITELY in on this! Even if it is only us here, it is still awesome and I am so there! Hugs :) BTW- the email you gave me shot back. Could you email me with the info and I will pass it on to the homeschool group and see how many families want to participate.

9. Andrea says:

Hi there – I came across your blog awhile back, I’m not even sure how I found it. I think another blog I follow posted a link to your blog. Anyhow, I check in once in awhile and I saw the “Put a Cap of Kids Cancer” fundraiser you are doing. I mentioned it to my childrens principal and she loves doing things like this that is fun for the kids but also supports a great cause. If you could send me the information, I will forward it on to her.

It is inspiring to see a family who has endured heartache like no family should ever have to, yet you continue the fight and keep your daughters spirit alive. God Bless you all.

10. Anonymous says:

Praying hard in Seattle!
    Psalms 46:1-5 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
    Prayer Bears

11. Lynn Worley says:

The Lord is with you right now, lifting you up, giving you strength! Always praying!
    Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
    Prayer Bears

12. Tamara says:

Hey Jessica. I emailed you on the whatchagonnado site yesterday. I attached pictures so I am not sure it may end up in junk. I posted about putting a cap on kids cancer today and I hope you don’t mind but I used your photo from this post. (http://proudtobecheap.blogspot.com/2010/09/noticed.html)

I had a couple of questions in my email. Let me know if I need to resend it. It’s from dawnlight1976@msn.com

I think this idea is awesome and I hope to get both my sons schools involved.

Tamara

13. Lynn Worley says:

Lifting up prayers!
    Isaiah 12:1-2 And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee…and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
    Prayer Bears

14. debi9kids says:

Hey Jess. Stephanie got permission from her principal to do this in her highschool.
    Do you have an “official” papers she can put up around the school?

15. Lynn Worley says:

Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
    Prayer Bears

16. jessica says:

REMS: $549.50

17. Molly says:

Jess, not sure if you got my message? NE student council will be doing this on Thur October 7th. And MV will do it during Red Ribbon week at the end of October. I hope those kids raise LOTS of money. I loved the stickers that you handed out to the kids that donated at Spencer & Axels school. I would love to print something like that for our schools. Call me when you can.
    Way to go REMS!